BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 3 of Beans

Congratulations! You have made it this far!

I thought I had better show a bean that has sprouted after just one day:


It has a tiny little tail just like this. My white beans sprout really fast, whereas my black beans are just opening after one day. But they are still better nutritionally after at least one day of sprouting.

Remember to rinse the beans daily as you are sprouting to keep them fresh.

Never throw beans into a dish straight from the package. Beans are covered in a toxic substance that is a natural pesticide. So be sure you always rinse your beans - or seeds of any kind - before eating. If you have followed this process they have bean rinsed more than once which is ideal!

THRIVE has beans that are basically instant beans. They have been par boiled, which means they have been soaked and partially cooked and are ready to toss into any dish you are cooking. It is really great in a pinch! And if you are putting together your meals before hand (more on this later) they are perfect for building meals that you can toss in the crock pot in the morning and have dinner that same night!

The down side is they are not sprouted. But still SUPER great for you!

Here are my white beans in the crock pot and ready to be cooked:



I have covered the beans with 1 inch of water above the beans. Ten I turn on my crock pot and let them cook! Yummy!

I use a crock pot that is automatic. I just set how fast I want them cook and when it is done it put my pot on a warm setting. It's the best!

Once the beans are cooked I drain them and freeze them. You can keep the bean stock and add it to cooking in place of water. It is full of all the yummy nutrients from the beans!

THRIVE has a great variety of beans. They even have instant beans so all you have to do is add to your dish and you are ready to go! Check them out at http://www.amybray.shelfreliance.com/!


THRIVE foods are delicious! Why not host a cooking demo and see for yourself? These are so fun and the food is so good. I would love to show you just how wonderful they taste and how easy they are to use every day! And the nutrition can't be beat - even by fresh foods!!

0 comments: