BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

URL Changed!

I thought I better update everyone. Shelf Reliance has updated our website addresses. Plus mine is different. It is now http://www.amybray.shelfreliance.com/. Maybe a little easier to remember. Ok, I have been playing in the kitchen and tried a really yummy granola recipe on the Shelf Reliance sight. Here it is:

Yield 8 servings                   

Natalie Riley

Ingredients

3 c thrive quick oats
2 c apple juice
1⁄2 c honey
3⁄4 c pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
1⁄2 c sunflower seeds
3⁄4 c walnuts, pecans, or almonds
1 c shredded or dessicated coconut
2 t salt (or more, to taste)
2 t cinnamon
1 pn grated nutmeg
choice of thrive freeze dried berries and fruit

Instructions

* Mix all ingredients together, excluding berries, making sure everything is coated and well-blended.
* Transfer mixture onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 300-350 degrees for a few hours, tossing the granola every half hour or so, until all moisture is cooked out and granola is toasted. Cook times will vary, so be mindful of keeping your granola from burning.
* Once granola is cool, add in fruits or berries. Keep granola in an airtight container on the shelf for snacking. Can be served with yogurt, rehydrated berries, and milk for a delicious breakfast.

I only cooked it for 20 minutes at 300 and then turned it and cooked again for 20 minutes and it was yummy. Still a little moist so I keep it in the fridge. I did not add the fruit because my husband likes just the nuts, so
I add the fruit as I am eating it. i added sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.

My kids came and couldn't stop eating it. it didn't last long. Next time I will double it!

0 comments: